- No longer existing or living: <i>synonym</i>: <strong> dead</strong>.
- No longer burning or active.
- No longer in use.
- Extinguished; put out; quenched.
- Having ceased; being at an end; out of existence or out of force; terminated: as, an <em>extinct</em> family or race; an <em>extinct</em> law.
- To put out; destroy.
- To cause to be extinct.
- Extinguished; put out; quenched
- Without a survivor; without force; dead
- Once existing as a species but now having no living members; -- used of species of living organisms, especially of animals and plants.
- <xref>Extinguished</xref>, no longer <xref>alight</xref> (of fire, candles etc.)
- No longer used; <xref>obsolete</xref>, discontinued.
- No longer in existence; having <xref>died out</xref>.
- No longer <xref>actively</xref> <xref>erupting</xref>.
- being out or having grown cold
- no longer in existence; lost or especially having died out leaving no living representatives
- (of e.g. volcanos) permanently inactive