- To release from an entanglement or difficulty; disengage.
- To disentangle; disengage; free: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="extricate">extricate</internalXref> one from a perilous or embarrassing situation; to <em>extricate</em> one's self from debt.
- To set loose or free; evolve; excrete.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Disentangle</em>, etc. (see <internalXref urlencoded="disengage">disengage</internalXref>); relieve, deliver, set free.
- In <em>entomology</em>, extruded: applied to the ovipositor when the valves and vagina are entirely without the body, whether in use or not, as in many <em>Ichneumonidæ.</em>
- To free, as from difficulties or perplexities; to disentangle; to disembarrass
- To cause to be emitted or evolved.
- To <xref>free</xref>, <xref>disengage</xref>, <xref>loosen</xref>, or <xref>untangle</xref>.
- To free from <xref>intricacies</xref> or <xref>perplexity</xref>
- release from entanglement of difficulty