- Facing outward; turned away from the axis.
- In <em>botany</em>, turned outward: applied to an anther which is turned away from the axis of the flower and faces the perianth.
- In <em>zoology</em>, turned out or away from the body: correlated with <em>antrorse, introrse</em>, and <em>retrorse.</em>
- Facing outwards, or away from the axis of growth; -- said esp. of anthers occupying the outer side of the filament.
- Said of <xref>anthers</xref> <xref>dehiscing</xref> <xref>outwards</xref> from the center of the flower.