- The cast-off skins or coverings of various organisms, such as the shells of crabs or the external coverings of the larvae and nymphs of insects.
- Cast-off skins, shells, or other coverings of animals; any parts of animals which are shed or sloughed off, as the skins of caterpillars, the shells of lobsters, the cuticle of snakes, the feathers of birds.
- Skins of animals artificially removed and prepared for preservation.
- Cast skins, shells, or coverings of animals; any parts of animals which are shed or cast off, as the skins of snakes, the shells of lobsters, etc.
- The fossil shells and other remains which animals have left in the strata of the earth.
- Plural form of <xref>exuvia</xref>.
- The <xref>coverings</xref> of an <xref>animal</xref> that have been <xref>shed</xref> or <xref>cast</xref> off, particularly the <xref>molted</xref> <xref>exoskeletons</xref> of <xref>arthropods</xref>.
- Roman military term for weaponry and equipment stripped from the person of a foe; <xref>booty</xref>.
- cast-off skins or coverings of various organisms during ecdysis