- The state of being fixed; stability; firmness; steadfastness; firm coherence: as, a <em>fixedness</em> in religion or politics; <em>fixedness</em> of opinion on any subject; the <em>fixedness</em> of gold.
- The state or quality of being fixed; stability; steadfastness.
- The quality of a body which resists evaporation or volatilization by heat; solidity; cohesion of parts.
- The state or condition of being <xref>fixed</xref>.
- remaining in place
- the quality of being fixed in place as by some firm attachment
- the quality of being fixed and unchangeable