- One that fixes.
- A person who uses influence or makes arrangements for another, especially by improper or unlawful means.
- A chemical preservative used to fix a photographic image.
- One who or that which fixes, establishes, or renders permanent; specifically, any solution used to fix a photograph, a crayon drawing, etc.; a fixative.
- <xref>Agent noun</xref> of <xref>fix</xref>; one who, or that which, <xref>fixes</xref>.
- A chemical (sodium thiosulfate) used in photographic development that fixes the image in place, preventing further chemical reactions.
- A person who arranges immunity for defendants by tampering with the justice system via bribery or extortion, especially as a business endeavor for profit.
- A person who assists foreign journalists in volatile countries, they often provide interpretation, personal connections, and transportation as a service.
- a chemical compound that sets or fixes something (as a dye or a photographic image)
- synthetic narcotic drug similar to morphine but less habit-forming; used in narcotic detoxification and maintenance of heroin addiction
- a skilled worker who mends or repairs things
- someone who intervenes with authorities for a person in trouble (usually using underhand or illegal methods for a fee)