- The act of making firm, stable, steadfast, or secure; the act of determining, settling, establishing, or rendering permanent; consolidation; establishment; the process by which anything is fixed.
- The act of repairing or putting to rights or in order.
- In <em>machinery</em>, a piece of cast-iron adapted to carry pillow-blocks and the like.
- In <em>metallurgy</em>, the coating of the lining of the revolving chamber of the Danks furnace (see <internalXref urlencoded="puddle">puddle</internalXref>) with a second or working lining, accomplished by covering the first lining with a melted coating formed of hydrated non-silicious ore of iron mixed with scrap-iron; also, the coating so applied. This fixing is analogous to the fettling of the ordinary puddling-furnace.
- Establishment in life; the act of setting up in housekeeping, or of furnishing a house.
- <em>plural</em> Things needed for fixing, preparing, or putting in order; arrangements; embellishments; trimmings; garnishings of any kind: as, railroad <em>fixings.</em>
- The act or process of making fixed.
- That which is fixed; a fixture.
- Arrangements; embellishments; trimmings; accompaniments.
- The act of subverting a <xref>vote</xref>.
- Present participle of <xref>fix</xref>.
- <xref>Going</xref>; <xref>preparing</xref>; <xref>ready</xref>.
- the sterilization of an animal
- the act of putting something in working order again
- (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
- restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place