- To make a hissing or bubbling sound; effervesce.
- A hissing or bubbling sound.
- An effervescent beverage.
- To make a hissing or sputtering sound; fizzle.
- A hissing or sputtering sound.
- A light frothy liquid; specifically, in the United States, soda-water or other effervescent water; in England, champagne: so called from the hissing sound it makes when uncorked. Also <internalXref urlencoded="fizzle">fizzle</internalXref>.
- To make a hissing sound, such as that of a burning fuse or a bubbling carbonated beverage.
- A hissing sound.
- An <xref>emission</xref> of a rapid stream of <xref>bubbles</xref>.
- The <xref>sound</xref> of such an emission.
- A <xref>carbonated</xref> <xref>beverage</xref>.
- To <xref>emit</xref> bubbles.
- To <xref>make</xref> a rapid <xref>bubbling</xref> sound.
- To shoot or project something moving at great velocity.
- To <xref>travel</xref> at a great velocity, producing a sound caused by the speed.
- become bubbly or frothy or foaming
- an effervescent beverage (usually alcoholic)