- A hard or chewy bar traditionally made from oats and brown sugar, softened with butter and golden syrup, and then baked.
- A cake of batter baked on a griddle, in a shallow pan, or on a board: so called from the practice of tossing the cake into the air when it is done on one side, by a dexterous movement of the griddle, in such a manner as to turn it over and catch it again flat upon the griddle with the baked side uppermost. Also <internalXref urlencoded="flipjack">flipjack</internalXref>.
- A fklat cake turned on the griddle while cooking; a griddlecake or pacake.
- A fried dough cake containing fruit; a turnover.
- A <xref>pancake</xref>.
- A bar made of (though not limited to) rolled oats, butter, golden syrup, and brown sugar, and which is baked in a tray.
- a flat cake of thin batter fried on both sides on a griddle