- A muscle that when contracted acts to bend a joint or limb in the body.
- In <em>anatomy</em>, a muscle whose function is to bend or produce flexion: opposed to <em>extensor.</em> See <internalXref urlencoded="flection">flection</internalXref>, 5. Also, improperly, <em>flector.</em>
- A short muscle of the palm of the hand, bending the little finger.
- A short muscle of the palm of the hand, bending the thumb. See cut under <internalXref urlencoded="muscle">muscle</internalXref>.
- A deep-seated muscle of the back of the leg, flexing the great toe.
- A muscle which bends or flexes any part; ; -- opposed to <contr>extensor</contr>.
- A <xref>muscle</xref> whose contraction acts to bend a joint or limb.
- a skeletal muscle whose contraction bends a joint