- Bending or winding alternately from side to side; sinuous.
- Winding; bending about; having turns or windings.
- Wavering; not steady; variable.
- In <em>botany</em>, curved or bent alternately in opposite directions, as a stem or branch. Also <internalXref urlencoded="flexuose">flexuose</internalXref>.
- In <em>zoology</em>, almost zigzag, but with rounded angles; between undulated and zigzag: as, a <em>flexuous</em> margin.
- Having turns, windings, or flexures.
- Having alternate curvatures in opposite directions; bent in a zigzag manner.
- Wavering; not steady; flickering.
- <xref>winding</xref> from side to side; <xref>sinuous</xref>
- having turns or windings