- Any of various medium-sized short-haired hounds developed for fox hunting, especially the English foxhound or the American foxhound.
- A hound for chasing foxes: a variety of hound in which are combined, in the highest degree of excellence, fleetness, strength, spirit, fine scent, perseverance, and subordination.
- One of a special breed of hounds used for chasing foxes.
- A breed of medium sized <xref>dog</xref> bred for <xref>hunting</xref>.
- medium-sized glossy-coated hounds developed for hunting foxes