- To wear away along the edges; fray.
- To exhaust physically or emotionally.
- To become worn away along the edges.
- To become exhausted physically or emotionally.
- A frayed or tattered condition.
- A condition of exhaustion.
- To ravel out, as the edge of a fabric; unravel; fray.
- To wear, as by hard usage, into shreds, rags, or tatters; fray out; tear to pieces.
- A shred; a tatter; a frayed rag; a frayed or worn-out condition: as, to be worn to a <em>frazzle.</em>
- The act or result of frazzling; the condition or quality of being frazzled; the tag end; a frayed-out end.
- a state of extreme exhaustion; -- often used in the phrase worn to a frazzle.
- To fray; to wear or pull into tatters or tag ends; to tatter; -- used literally and figuratively.
- To fray or wear down, especially at the edges.
- To drain emotionally or physically
- a state of extreme exhaustion
- exhaust physically or emotionally
- wear away by rubbing