- A thermally insulated compartment, cabinet, or room in which a subfreezing temperature is maintained for the rapid freezing and storing of perishable items, especially food.
- One who or that which freezes or chills; a refrigerator; especially, a contrivance, as a vessel containing a freezing-mixture, for producing a freezing temperature in substances exposed to its influence, as cream.
- A sheep whose mutton is intended to be frozen and exported.
- One who, or that which, cools or freezes, as a refrigerator, or the tub and can used in the process of freezing ice cream.
- an <xref>appliance</xref> or <xref>room</xref> used to <xref>store</xref> food or other <xref>perishable</xref> <xref>items</xref> at <xref>temperatures</xref> below 0<xref>°</xref> <xref>Celsius</xref> (32° <xref>Fahrenheit</xref>).
- the <xref>section</xref> of a <xref>refrigerator</xref> used to store food or other perishable items at a temperature below 0° Celsius (32° Fahrenheit).
- electric refrigerator (trade name Deepfreeze) in which food is frozen and stored for long periods of time