- A freestanding, roofed, usually open-sided structure providing a shady resting place.
- A belvedere.
- Any structure or part of a building which affords or commands an extensive prospect or outlook, as a turret or lantern on the roof of a house, a balcony, a projecting window, or the like.
- A summer-house commanding an extensive prospect. Also written <internalXref urlencoded="gazeebo">gazeebo</internalXref>.
- <xref>belvedere</xref>, either a type of <xref>summer-house</xref> or a roofed, detached <xref>porch</xref>-like structure, usually in a yard, park or lawn
- a small roofed building affording shade and rest