- Any of various small, swift antelopes of the genus <em>Gazella</em> and related genera of Africa and Asia, characteristically having a slender neck and ringed horns.
- See <internalXref urlencoded="gazel">gazel</internalXref>.
- One of several small, swift, elegantly formed species of antelope, of the genus Gazella, esp. <spn>G. dorcas</spn>; -- called also <altname>algazel</altname>, <altname>corinne</altname>, <altname>korin</altname>, and <altname>kevel</altname>. The gazelles are celebrated for the luster and soft expression of their eyes.
- An <xref>antelope</xref> of the genus <xref>Gazella</xref> mostly native to <xref>Africa</xref> and capable of running at high speeds for long periods.
- small swift graceful antelope of Africa and Asia having lustrous eyes