- A newspaper.
- An official journal.
- An announcement in an official journal.
- To announce or publish in an official journal or in a newspaper.
- To insert in a gazette; announce or publish in a gazette—specifically, in one of the three official Gazettes of Great Britain.
- A newspaper; a sheet of paper containing an account of current events and transactions: often used as the specific name of a newspaper.
- Specifically, one of the three official newspapers of Great Britain, published in London (semi-weekly, first established at Oxford in 1665), Edinburgh, and Dublin, containing, among other things, lists of appointments and promotions in all branches of the public service, and of public honors awarded, and also lists of persons declared bankrupt.
- Hence An official or authoritative report or announcement in or as if in the Gazette.
- A newspaper; a printed sheet published periodically; esp., the official journal published by the British government, and containing legal and state notices.
- To announce or publish in a gazette; to announce officially, as an appointment, or a case of bankruptcy.
- A newspaper; a printed sheet published periodically; especially, the official journal published by the British government, and containing legal and state notices.
- To publish in a gazette
- to announce the status of in an official gazette. This pertained to both appointments and bankruptcies.
- publish in a gazette
- a newspaper or official journal