- One who or that which glazes.
- One who applies glazing, as in pottery manufacture, etc.; one who gives a glasslike or glossy surface to anything; a calenderer or smoother of cloth, paper, and the like.
- A tool or machine used in glazing, polishing, smoothing, etc.; amoung cutlers and lapidaries, a wooden wheel covered with emery, or having a band of lead and tin alloy, for polishing cutlery, etc.
- One who applies <xref>glazing</xref>, as in <xref>pottery</xref>, etc.; one who gives a <xref>glasslike</xref> or <xref>glossy</xref> surface to anything; a calenderer or smoother of cloth, paper, etc.
- Slang reference to a person who is prone to endless monologuing; derived from the common practice of talking at you until your eyes "glaze" over.
- someone who cuts flat glass to size