- Grayish or flecked with gray.
- A grizzly bear.
- A machine used for breaking coal or other material to a moderately small size.
- Somewhat gray; grayish.
- ; pl. <em>grizzlies</em> (-liz). 1. The grizzly bear, <em>Ursus horribilis.</em> See I.
- In <em>mining</em>: An arrangement in the sluices used in washing auriferous gravel for receiving and throwing out the large stones carried down by the current.
- In Australia, a coarse grating of timber for separating large pieces of quartz from the decomposed rock with which they are associated, in some of the forms of granitic dikes containing auriferous quartz peculiar to that region.
- Somewhat gray; grizzled.
- a large and ferocious bear (<spn>Ursus horribilis</spn>) of Western North America and the Rocky Mountains. It is remarkable for the great length of its claws.
- A grizzly bear. See under <xref urlencoded="grizzly">grizzly</xref>, a.
- In hydraulic mining, gratings used to catch and throw out large stones from the sluices.
- <xref>Grey-haired</xref>, <xref>greyish</xref>.
- A <xref>grizzly bear</xref>.
- In <xref>hydraulic</xref> <xref>mining</xref>, a <xref>grating</xref> used to catch and throw out large <xref>stones</xref> from the <xref>sluices</xref>.
- powerful brownish-yellow bear of the uplands of western North America
- showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair