- A comedy or pantomime in which Harlequin is the main attraction.
- Farcical clowning or buffoonery.
- A kind of pantomime; that part of a pantomime which follows the transformation of characters, and in which the harlequin and clown play the principal parts; hence, buffoonery; a fantastic procedure.
- A play or part of a play in which the harlequin is conspicuous; the part of a harlequin.
- A <xref>pantomime</xref>-<xref>like</xref> <xref>comedy</xref> featuring the <xref>harlequin</xref> or <xref>clown</xref>.
- Any <xref>comical</xref> or fantastical <xref>procedure</xref> or <xref>playfulness</xref>.
- acting like a clown or buffoon