- To convert by engorgement and effusion into a substance resembling liver: as, a <em>hepatized</em> lung, in pneumonia.
- To impregnate with sulphureted hydrogen.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="hepatise">hepatise</internalXref>.
- To impregnate with sulphureted hydrogen gas, formerly called <ex>hepatic</ex> gas.
- To gorge with effused matter, as the lungs.
- To <xref>impregnate</xref> with <xref>sulphureted</xref> <xref>hydrogen</xref> <xref>gas</xref> (formerly called hepatic gas).
- To <xref>gorge</xref> with <xref>effused</xref> matter, as the <xref>lungs</xref>.