- Not in agreement with accepted beliefs, especially in church doctrine or dogma.
- Holding unorthodox opinions.
- In <em>theology</em>, holding opinions not in accord with some generally recognized standard of doctrine, such as the creed of a church or the decrees of councils; not orthodox; heretical.
- Hence, in general Not in accord with the established standard of belief.
- An opinion not in accord with that which is generally accepted; a peculiar view.
- An opinion opposed to some accepted standard.
- Contrary to, or differing from, some acknowledged standard, as the Bible, the creed of a church, the decree of a council, and the like; not orthodox; heretical; -- said of opinions, doctrines, books, etc., esp. upon theological subjects.
- Holding heterodox opinions, or doctrines not orthodox; heretical; -- said of persons.
- Of or pertaining to creeds, beliefs, or teachings, especially religious ones, that are different from the norm ('orthodox'), but not sufficiently different to be called heretical.
- characterized by departure from accepted beliefs or standards