- A sequence of six tones with a semitone in the middle, the others being whole tones, that was used in medieval music.
- In <em>Greek music</em>: A diatonic series of six tones.
- The interval of a major sixth.
- An instrument with six strings.
- In <em>medieval music</em>, a diatonic series of six tones, containing four whole steps and one half-step (between the third and fourth tones).
- A series of six notes, with a semitone between the third and fourth, the other intervals being whole tones.
- A series of six tones denoted with the syllables ut-re-mi-fa-sol-la separated by seconds, the only of which that is a minor second being mi-fa.