- Any of several isomeric colorless flammable liquid hydrocarbons, C<sub>6</sub>H<sub>14</sub>, derived from the fractional distillation of petroleum and used as a solvent and as a working fluid in low-temperature thermometers.
- The sixth member (C<sub>6</sub>H<sub>14</sub>) of the paraffin series of hydrocarbons. It is a liquid, boiling at about 60° C., found in various natural oils.
- Any one of five hydrocarbons, C6H14, of the paraffin series. They are colorless, volatile liquids, and are so called because the molecule has <ex>six</ex> carbon atoms.
- Any of five <xref>isomeric</xref> <xref>aliphatic</xref> <xref>hydrocarbons</xref>, C6H14. They are colorless, <xref>volatile</xref> <xref>liquids</xref>.
- a colorless flammable liquid alkane derived from petroleum and used as a solvent