- An act intended to deceive or trick.
- Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.
- To deceive or cheat by using a hoax.
- A humorous or mischievous deception; a practical joke; usually, a marvelous or exciting fabrication or fiction gravely related as a test of credulity.
- One who misleads or deceives; a hoaxer; a humbug.
- To deceive by an amusing or mischievous fabrication or fiction; play upon the credulity of.
- A deception for mockery or mischief; a deceptive trick or story; a practical joke.
- To deceive by a story or a trick, for sport or mischief; to impose upon sportively.
- To deceive (someone) by making them believe something which has been maliciously or mischievously fabricated.
- Anything <xref>deliberately</xref> <xref>intended</xref> to <xref>deceive</xref> or <xref>trick</xref>.
- something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
- subject to a playful hoax or joke