- An axle or journal box, as on a railway car, that has become overheated by excessive friction.
- A container maintained at elevated temperatures in order to heat or cook its contents.
- An overheated <xref>shaft</xref> <xref>bearing</xref>.
- To <xref>smoke</xref> <xref>marijuana</xref> in a small confined area, such as the inside of a <xref>car</xref>, until it is full of smoke, thereby purportedly intensifying the drug's effects.
- To put out a <xref>cigarette</xref> just before entering a <xref>vehicle</xref>, then expel smoke in the vehicle.
- a journal bearing (as of a railroad car) that has overheated