- To portray or endow with human characteristics or attributes; make human.
- To imbue with humaneness or human kindness; civilize.
- To synthesize (a monoclonal antibody) using cells of an organism, usually a mouse, in which a sequence of non-human DNA has been replaced by a sequence of human DNA so that the resulting antibody is more compatible with the human immune system.
- To substitute the variable region of (a chimeric monoclonal antibody) with a human sequence of amino acids by replacing a sequence of non-human DNA in such an organism with a sequence of human DNA.
- To make human; give or attribute a human character to; render conformable to human nature or requirements.
- To render humane or gentle; make susceptible or agreeable to human feeling; refine or soften the human character of; civilize.
- To become human or humane; become civilized.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="humanise">humanise</internalXref>.
- To render human or humane; to soften; to make gentle by overcoming cruel dispositions and rude habits; to refine or civilize.
- To give a human character or expression to.
- To convert into something human or belonging to man.
- To become or be made more humane; to become civilized; to be ameliorated.
- To make <xref>human</xref>, to give or cause to have the fundamental properties of a <xref>human</xref>.
- make more humane