- To regard with great or uncritical admiration or devotion. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> revere</strong>.
- To worship as an idol.
- To worship as an idol; make an idol of.
- Hence — To reverence immoderately; love or admire to adoration: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="idolize">idolize</internalXref> a hero; to <em>idolize</em> children.
- To practise idol-worship.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="idolise">idolise</internalXref>.
- To practice idolatry.
- To make an idol of; to pay idolatrous worship to.
- To love to excess; to love or reverence to adoration.
- To make an <xref>idol</xref> of, or to <xref>worship</xref> as an idol.
- To <xref>adore</xref> excessively; to <xref>revere</xref> immoderately.
- love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol