- The holm-oak or holly-oak, <em>Quercus Ilex</em>, the leaves of which somewhat resemble those of the genus <em>Ilex.</em> See cut (fig. 4) under <em>oak</em>, 1.
- A genus of trees and shrubs, of the natural order <em>Ilicineæ</em>, or holly tribe.
- [<em>lowercase</em>] A tree or shrub of this genus.
- The holm oak (<spn>Quercus Ilex</spn>).
- A genus of evergreen trees and shrubs, including the common holly.
- <xref>holm oak</xref> (Quercus ilex)
- Any of several <xref>trees</xref> or <xref>shrubs</xref> of the genus <xref>Ilex</xref>
- a large genus of dicotyledonous trees and shrubs of the family Aquifoliaceae that have small flowers and berries (including hollies)