- One who or that which injects; specifically, an apparatus for forcing water into a steam-boiler.
- One who, or that which, injects.
- A contrivance for forcing feed water into a steam boiler by the direct action of the steam upon the water. The water is driven into the boiler by the impulse of a jet of the steam which becomes condensed as soon as it strikes the stream of cold water it impels; -- also called <altname>Giffard's injector</altname>, from the inventor.
- a device for actively injecting fuel into an internal-combustion engines by directly forcing the liquid fuel into the combustion chamber at an appropriate point in the piston cycle; -- an alternative to a <contr>carburetor</contr>, in which an air-fuel mixture is drawn in by the downward stroke of the piston.
- Any of various devices that are used to <xref>inject</xref> something
- a contrivance for injecting (e.g., water into the boiler of a steam engine or particles into an accelerator etc.)