• An ornamental cascade of ruffles or frills down the front of a shirt, blouse, or dress.
  • A frilling or ruffle worn by men at the bosom of the shirt in the eighteenth century; also, a frill of lace, or some soft material, arranged down the front of a woman's bodice.
  • In <em>entomology</em>, the crop of any herbivorous orthopterous insect.
  • Originally, a kind of ruffle worn by men on the bosom of the shirt.
  • An arrangement of lace or tulle, looped ornamentally, and worn by women on the front of the dress.
  • A <xref>cascading</xref> or <xref>ornamental</xref> <xref>frill</xref> down the front of a <xref>blouse</xref>, <xref>shirt</xref>, etc.
  • a ruffle on the front of a woman's blouse or a man's shirt
powered by