- Any of various South and Central American birds of the family Galbulidae, having iridescent plumage and a long bill.
- Any South American bird of the family <em>Galbulidæ.</em>
- Any one of numerous species of tropical American birds of the genus Galbula and allied genera. They are allied to the kingfishers, but climb on tree trunks like nuthatches, and feed upon insects. Their colors are often brilliant.
- Any of various <xref>insectivorous</xref> <xref>tropical</xref> <xref>birds</xref>, of the <xref>family</xref> <xref>Galbulidae</xref>, having <xref>iridescent</xref> <xref>plumage</xref> and a long, sharp bill.
- tropical American insectivorous bird having a long sharp bill and iridescent green or bronze plumage