- Either of two small corvids <em>(Corvus monedula</em> or <em>C. dauricus)</em> of Eurasia and North Africa, having black and gray or black and white plumage.
- The common daw of Europe, <em>Corvus monedula</em>, an oscine passerine bird of the family <em>Corvidæ.</em>
- The boat-tailed grackle, <em>Quiscalus major</em>, a large long-tailed blackbird of the family <em>Agelæidæ. Coues.</em>
- See <xref urlencoded="daw">daw</xref>, n.
- A European bird of the <xref>crow</xref> family (Corvus monedula), often nesting in church towers and ruins.
- A <xref>Daurian jackdaw</xref>, a closely related Asian bird (Corvus dauuricus).
- common black-and-grey Eurasian bird noted for thievery