- A fabric with an intricately woven pattern.
- A special loom or the method employed in the weaving of a figured fabric.
- An abbreviation of <internalXref urlencoded="Jacquard%20loom">Jacquard loom</internalXref> or <em>Jacquard attachment</em> (which see, under <internalXref urlencoded="loom">loom</internalXref>).
- Pertaining to, or invented by, Jacquard, a French mechanician, who died in 1834.
- a device applied to looms for weaving figured goods, consisting of mechanism controlled by a chain of variously perforated cards, which cause the warp threads to be lifted in the proper succession for producing the required figure.
- one of the perforated cards of a Jacquard apparatus.
- a loom with Jacquard apparatus.
- Fabric woven on a jacquard loom.
- Fabric resembling a jacquard, but woven by a different process.
- A jacquard loom.
- Of or pertaining to a jacquard loom or the fabric it creates.
- a highly figured fabric woven on a Jacquard loom
- French inventor of the Jacquard loom that could automatically weave complicated patterns (1752-1834)
- a loom with an attachment for forming openings for the passage of the shuttle between the warp threads; used in weaving figured fabrics