- Unrefined sugar made from the sap of palm trees or sugar cane.
- A coarse brown sugar obtained in India by evaporation of the fresh juice of various kinds of palm, as the jaggery-palm, the wild date-tree, the palmyra, and the cocoa. It is usually made in the form of small round cakes. Also called <internalXref urlencoded="goor">goor</internalXref>.
- Raw palm sugar, made in the East Indies by evaporating the fresh juice of several kinds of palm trees, but specifically those of the palmyra (<spn>Borassus flabelliformis</spn>) and jaggery palm (<spn>Caryota urens</spn>).
- A <xref>traditional</xref> <xref>unrefined</xref> <xref>sugar</xref> used throughout South and South-East <xref>Asia</xref>.
- unrefined brown sugar made from palm sap