- A large feline mammal <em>(Panthera onca)</em> of Mexico, Central America, and South America, closely related to the leopard and having a tawny coat spotted with black rosettes.
- A carnivorous mammal, <em>Felisonca</em>, the largest and most formidable feline quadruped of America.
- A large and powerful feline animal (<spn>Panthera onca</spn>, formerly <spn>Felis onca</spn>), ranging from Texas and Mexico to Patagonia. It is usually brownish yellow, with large, dark, somewhat angular rings, each generally inclosing one or two dark spots. It is chiefly arboreal in its habits. It is also called the <altname>panther</altname> and the <altname>American tiger</altname>.
- A <xref>carnivorous</xref> spotted large <xref>cat</xref> native to South and Central America. Scientific name: <xref>Panthera</xref> <xref>onca</xref>.
- a large spotted feline of tropical America similar to the leopard; in some classifications considered a member of the genus Felis