- A bone of the jaw, especially the bone of the lower jaw.
- To try to influence or pressure through strong persuasion, especially to urge to comply voluntarily.
- To urge voluntary compliance with official wishes or guidelines.
- Any bone of the jaws, as a maxillary or mandibular bone; especially, a bone of the lower jaw.
- The bone of either jaw; a maxilla or a mandible.
- To attempt to influence solely by talking, as contrasted with threatening or inducing by other means, e.g. legislation; esp. to make public appeals in order to influence the behavior of businessmen or labor leaders; -- used especially of the President or other high government officials.
- The <xref>bone</xref> of the lower <xref>jaw</xref>; the <xref>mandible</xref>.
- Any of the bones in the lower or upper jaw.
- To talk <xref>persistently</xref> in <xref>persuasion</xref> of one or more people to <xref>cooperate</xref>.
- talk idly or casually and in a friendly way
- the jaw in vertebrates that is hinged to open the mouth