- A jealous attitude or disposition.
- Close vigilance.
- The state or character of being jealous; zealous watchfulness; earnest solicitude for that which concerns one's self or others; suspicious care; suspicion.
- <strong>Specifically—2.</strong> Distress or resentment caused by suspected or actual loss, through the rivalry of another, of the love, good will, or success one desires to retain or secure; fear or suspicion of successful rivalry, especially in love.
- The plant <em>Sedum rupestre.</em>
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> See <internalXref urlencoded="envy">envy</internalXref>.
- The quality of being jealous; earnest concern or solicitude; painful apprehension of rivalship in cases directly affecting one's happiness; painful suspicion of the faithfulness of husband, wife, or lover.
- A state of <xref>suspicious</xref> guarding towards a spouse, lover etc., from fears of infidelity.
- A <xref>resentment</xref> towards someone for a perceived advantage or superiority they hold.
- Envy towards another's possessions
- A close concern for someone or something, <xref>solicitude</xref>, <xref>vigilance</xref>.
- a feeling of jealous envy (especially of a rival)
- zealous vigilance