- The section of the small intestine between the duodenum and the ileum.
- In <em>anatomy</em>, the second division of the small intestine, of uncertain extent, intervening between the duodenum and the ileum; more fully, the <em>intestinum jejunum</em>: so named because it was supposed to be empty after death. See <internalXref urlencoded="intestine">intestine</internalXref>.
- The middle division of the small intestine, between the duodenum and ileum; -- so called because usually found empty after death.
- The central of the three divisions of the <xref>small intestine</xref> which lies between the <xref>duodenum</xref> and the <xref>ileum</xref>.
- the part of the small intestine between the duodenum and the ileum