- Risk of loss or injury; peril or danger.
- A defendant's risk or danger of conviction when put on trial.
- An even chance; a game evenly balanced.
- Exposure to death, loss, or injury; hazard; danger; peril.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Peril</em>, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="danger">danger</internalXref> and <em>risk.</em>
- To jeopardize: as, he <em>jeopardied</em> his fame.
- To jeopardize.
- Exposure to death, loss, or injury; hazard; danger.
- <xref>Danger</xref> of <xref>loss</xref>, <xref>harm</xref>, or <xref>failure</xref>.
- a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune