- Of a jerking character; acting by jerks; spasmodic; capricious; impatient.
- See the extract.
- See <internalXref urlencoded="jerk">jerk</internalXref>.
- Moving by jerks and starts; characterized by abrupt transitions
- Foolish; ridiculous; stupid.
- Meat, especially beef, that has been cut in strips and dried; meat that has been jerked; see first <xref urlencoded="jerk">jerk</xref>, v.
- Characterized by physical <xref>jerking</xref>.
- Lean meat <xref>cured</xref> and preserved by cutting into thin strips and air-drying in the sun.
- lacking a steady rhythm
- meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
- marked by abrupt transitions
- having or revealing stupidity