- One given to jesting.
- A fool or buffoon at medieval courts.
- A story-teller; a reciter of tales, adventures, and romances.
- One who is addicted to jesting; one who is given to witticisms, jokes, and pranks.
- A court-fool or professed sayer of witty things and maker of amusement, maintained by a prince or noble in the middle ages and later.
- A buffoon; a merry-andrew; a court fool.
- A person addicted to jesting, or to indulgence in light and amusing talk.
- one who <xref>jests</xref>, jokes or mocks
- a person in bright <xref>garb</xref> and <xref>fool’s cap</xref> who amused a <xref>mediaeval</xref> <xref>royal</xref> <xref>court</xref>.
- a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the Middle Ages