- A short space of time; a moment. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> moment</strong>.
- A moment; an instant: as, I shall be with you in a <em>jiffy.</em>
- A moment; an instant.
- A very short, unspecified length of time.
- A unit of time defined by the frequency of its basic timer; historically, and by convention, 0.01 seconds, but some operating systems use other values.
- The time between <xref>alternating current</xref> power cycles (1/60 or 1/50 of a second)
- The time taken for light to travel one centimetre in a vacuum (sometimes one foot, or sometimes the width of a <xref>nucleon</xref>)
- a very short time (as the time it takes the eye to blink or the heart to beat)