- A young marsupial, especially a baby kangaroo.
- A young kangaroo.
- ‘A hewer of wood and drawer of water.’
- In <em>coal-mining</em>, a man specially appointed to set the timber in a stall or working while coal is being raised.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="joe">joe</internalXref>, 1.
- To insult (a person) by the cry of ‘joey.’
- Any young animal, especially a young kangaroo.
- A young child.
- A three-penny piece.
- The immature young of a <xref>marsupial</xref>, notably a junior <xref>kangaroo</xref>, but also a young <xref>wallaby</xref> or <xref>koala</xref> etc.
- The shorter word whose letters can be found within a <xref>kangaroo word</xref>.