- Any of several yellow-flowered daffodils, especially <em>Narcissus jonquilla,</em> having long narrow leaves and fragrant flowers with a short corona.
- An ornamental plant, the <em>Narcissus Jonquilla</em>, of the natural order <em>Amaryllidaceœ;</em> the rush-leafed daffodil.
- A light-yellow color of the Sèvres porcelain; also, a similar color in other porcelains.
- A variety of the domesticated canary-bird.
- A light-yellow color much favored in the French mural decoration of the eighteenth century.
- A bulbous plant of the genus Narcissus (<spn>Narcissus Jonquilla</spn>), allied to the daffodil. It has long, rushlike leaves, and yellow or white fragrant flowers. The root has emetic properties. It is sometimes called the <altname>rush-leaved daffodil</altname>. See <ex>Illust.</ex> of <xref urlencoded="corona">corona</xref>.
- A fragrant <xref>bulb</xref> flower (Narcissus jonquilla).
- A species of <xref>daffodil</xref>.
- A shade of yellow.
- often used colloquially for any yellow daffodil
- widely cultivated ornamental plant native to southern Europe but naturalized elsewhere having fragrant yellow or white clustered flowers