- The style of writing often held to be characteristic of newspapers and magazines, distinguished by clichés, sensationalism, and triteness of thought.
- A style of writing fit only for rapid newspaper work; a style abounding in pretentious words and sudden colloquialisms and making crude bids for popularity.
- the linguistic style in which newspapers are written.
- A <xref>style</xref> of <xref>writing</xref> used in some <xref>newspapers</xref> and <xref>magazines</xref>, characterized by <xref>cliché</xref>, <xref>hyperbolic</xref> <xref>language</xref> and <xref>clipped</xref> <xref>syntax</xref>.
- the style in which newspapers are written