- One whose occupation is journalism.
- One who keeps a journal.
- The writer of a journal or diary.
- A person who conducts a public journal or regularly writes for one; a newspaper editor, critic, or reporter.
- One who keeps a journal or diary; a diarist.
- One whose occupation is to write for any of the public news media, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television, or internet; also, an editorial or other professional writer for a periodical.
- The keeper of a person <xref>journal</xref>, who writes in it regularly
- One whose <xref>occupation</xref> or is <xref>journalism</xref>, originally only writing in the printed press.
- A <xref>reporter</xref>, who <xref>professionally</xref> does living reporting on news and <xref>current</xref> <xref>events</xref>.
- a writer for newspapers and magazines
- someone who keeps a diary or journal