- An overwhelming or unstoppable force.
- The popular form of <internalXref urlencoded="Jagannatha">Jagannatha</internalXref>, the name of the famous Hindu idol. See <internalXref urlencoded="Jagannatha">Jagannatha</internalXref>, 2.
- Figuratively, something, as an idea, custom, fashion, requirement, etc., to which one either devotes himself or is blindly sacrificed.
- To crush as if by Juggernaut.
- One of the names under which Vishnu, in his incarnation as Krishna, is worshiped by the Hindus. See also <xref urlencoded="jagannath">jagannath</xref>.
- Any large, unstoppable force, power, or popular movement which defeats or destroys any person who gets in its way or attempts to stop it.
- A literal or <xref>metaphorical</xref> <xref>force</xref> or object regarded as <xref>unstoppable</xref>, that will <xref>crush</xref> all in its path.
- A large, cumbersome <xref>truck</xref> or <xref>lorry</xref>, especially an <xref>artic</xref> (typically used somewhat disparagingly).
- An institution that <xref>incites</xref> <xref>destructive</xref> <xref>devotion</xref> or to which people are carelessly <xref>sacrificed</xref>.
- a massive inexorable force that seems to crush everything in its way
- a crude idol of Krishna
- an avatar of Vishnu