- A yokelike structure in certain insects that joins the forewings to the hind wings, keeping them together during flight.
- In <em>bot</em>: A pair of leaflets in a compound leaf.
- A ridge on the carpel of an umbelliferous plant.
- [<em>capitalized</em>] A yellow star of magnitude 3.3, in the constellation of the Lyre; <bt>γ</bt> Lyræ.
- In the <em>Brachiopoda</em>, such as <em>Spirifer, Cyrtina</em>, etc., a part of the shelly internal supporting skeleton which joins the bases of the two spirally coiled ribbons or spiralia.
- A small lobe projecting backward from the basal inner margin of the fore wing in the <em>Jugatæ</em>, which extends under the costal margin of the hind wing, holding the pair together.
- One of the ridges commonly found on the fruit of umbelliferous plants.
- A pair of the opposite leaflets of a pinnate plant.
- One of the <xref>ridges</xref> commonly found on the <xref>fruit</xref> of <xref>umbelliferous</xref> <xref>plants</xref>.
- A pair of <xref>opposite</xref> <xref>leaflets</xref> of a <xref>pinnate</xref> plant.