- An art of weaponless self-defense developed in Japan that uses throws, holds, and blows and derives added power from the attacker's own weight and strength.
- same as <xref urlencoded="jujutsu">jujutsu</xref>.
- A method of self-defence established in Japan emphasizing “<xref>jū</xref>” (soft or gentle) “<xref>jitsu</xref>” (art or technique). Japanese martial art that utilizes a large variety of techniques in defense against an opponent.
- <xref>Brazilian jiu-jitsu</xref>, a related art, derived from <xref>judo</xref>.
- a method of self-defense without weapons that was developed in China and Japan; holds and blows are supplemented by clever use of the attacker's own weight and strength